Welcome to Independent Living Vernon!
Registered Disability Savings Plan Information
You should consider opening an RDSP if you have a long-term disability and are:
* under age 60 (you must apply before the end of the calendar year in which you turn 59 years old);
* a Canadian resident with a Social Insurance Number (SIN);
eligible for the Disability Tax Credit; and
* looking for a long-term savings plan.
- To help you save, the Government will pay a matching Canada Disability Savings Grant of up to $3,500 a year on your contributions.
- The Government will also pay a Canada Disability Savings Bond of up to $1,000 a year into the RDSPs of low-income and modest-income Canadians.
- No contributions are necessary to receive the Bond. Grants and Bonds are paid into the RDSP until the end of the calendar year in which you turn 49 years old.
- Money paid out of an RDSP will not affect your eligibility for federal benefits, and will have little or no impact on provincial social assistance payments.
Next Information session: Ooknakane Friendship Centre in Penticton, BC
When: Wednesday, July 31
Contact Crystal Compton at the local ILV centre to register for free session
Telephone: 250-545-9292 ext.204, toll free: 1-877-288-1088
There is also information at the Vernon office Monday-Thursday, 8:30-4:00 or appointments can be made with Crystal on Thursdays
Cycling For Independence
This fundraiser was for Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) Group, which provides service to youth with various disabilities at ILV. This year CFI raised over $6,000,00 for youth with disabilities!
A big thank you to our major sponsors: Sun Country Cycle, Scotiabank, Skyride Cycle, Okanagan Valley College of Massage therapy Ltd., Sun FM, Uncle Dave's Pizzeria, Pacific Sport and Barry's Plumbing and Heating!