Welcome to Independent Living Vernon!
Independent Living Vernon programs and services.
ILV staff can be reached by email and phone extensions:
Lisa - email@example.com and 250-545-9292 extension: 206
- Events & Volunteer co-ordinator
Crystal - firstname.lastname@example.org and 250-545-9292 Extension 204
- Registered Social worker, can assisted with PWD & CPPD as well as other related disability paper work.
- Contact for Youth group that meets Tuesday from 3:00 to 5 pm
Laura - email@example.com and 250-545-9292 Extension 207
- Executive Director
Kelly - firstname.lastname@example.org and 250-545-9292 Extension 200
- Designed parking permit co-ordinator
- Office manager
Marysa - email@example.com, 250 545-9292 Extension: 209
- Information and referral
Amiee: firstname.lastname@example.org 250 545-9292
- Information and referral
Crisis Line: phone number is 1-888-353-CARE (2273) if available 24/7.
- 988 Suicide crisis help line
ILV's Peer Support: Thursday from 12:30 to 2 PM, come for a light refreshment and peer support. Everyone welcome
Public Computers: We have one computer open to the public, you will have to call the office a book a time.
YOU Group is meeting on Tuesdays, 3:00 -5:00 pm . Please contact Crystal for more information about the group.
- First Tuesday of the month is always dinner club. Please contact Crystal.
The front door of the People Place building will be locked. If you come to the office, you will have to buzz in using the intercom system. When you walk though the first set of doors you will see an intercom on your left hand side just ring into 107.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Laura Hockman, Executive Director at the above contact information.
The Staff and Board of Independent Living Vernon
Our office are open Monday to Friday 8am to 3pm
To create sustainable community links, to work for societal change, and to remove barriers so that people with disabilities have the opportunity to realize their full potential.
Five Basic Principles of Independent Living
1.Consumer Control-the services provided at Independent Living are controlled by a Board of Directors with a majority of its members being people with disabilities.
2. Cross Disability: the centre addresses the needs of all people with disabilities regardless of the disability type.
3. Community Based: the centre responds to local community needs.
4. Integration: the centre promotes full participation of people with disabilities in the Community.
5. Non-profit- the centre functions to meet stated goals and objectives without a profit motive.
Board of Directors Nomination Kit
If you are interested in becoming a member of the ILV Board of Directors, this is a link to the Nomination Kit which holds information for this.